Finding clothing to fit for tiny babies can often be difficult. When your baby has arrived early it can be a worrying time for parents, plus you may not have had chance to get everything you need for your baby’s arrival. The clothing that you did buy will more than likely be too big, which is why we have introduced a range of premature baby clothing.
What clothing will your tiny baby need? For a start, you will need a half dozen of each the basic garments which includes bodysuits, rompers, sleepsuits and vests. You will also need a couple of cardigans/jackets for colder days, three or four tops, socks, a couple of cotton hats, several bibs and soft blankets. At this stage, there’s no need to buy lots of tiny baby clothing, as they will quickly grow out of these and into the next size bracket.
The clothing should be soft, comfortable, kind to their delicate skin, and easy to wash. Clothing that’s easy to get on and off is a must, so look for pieces that fasten easily.
New to Cotton Boulevard: Our Tiny Baby Range
From tiny baby rompers, premature baby bodysuits to newborn baby sleepsuits, we stock a wide range of clothing for all sizes and weights of babies. Made from extremely soft organic cotton which is kind on delicate skin, they are the perfect choice for your baby’s first clothes.
To help you select the right size newborn baby clothes we have produced a sizing chart which helps you pick the right size of clothing for your baby. Click here to view/download the chart.
Our organic cotton rompers, sleepsuits and bodysuits for premature babies and newborns are available in the following sizes:
- Early baby (3lb – 5lb)
- Tiny baby (5lb – 7lb)
- Newborn (7lb – 9lb)
View our full tiny baby range of clothing.
Why buy organic cotton tiny baby clothes?
Organic cotton is an ideal material for tiny baby newborn clothes, and has a number advantages over other materials, as well as traditional cotton:
- It is kind to delicate skin.
- It is better for the environment – organic cotton uses no pesticides and significantly less water than the production process of traditional cotton.
- Being free from pesticides and chemicals, it means that your baby is not exposed to any substances that could irritate their skin or cause allergies.
- It will keep your baby cooler in hot weather than clothing made from synthetic fibres
- The quality is superior to other fibres.
- It is a very soft material, and actually gets softer with every wash.
- It is extremely hard-wearing.
Why buy your tiny baby clothing from Cotton Boulevard?
A family-run business, the team at Cotton Boulevard designs beautiful clothing for premature babies, tiny babies, newborns and toddlers of exceptional quality.
- Exceptional quality – All our clothing is made from GOTs (Global Organic Textile standard) Certified organic cotton. This means that our organic cotton meets the worldwide textile processing standard for organic fibres which includes ecological and social criteria. When you dress your baby in our clothing, you are not only dressing them in soft fabric that’s kind to their skin, you are helping the environment too.
- Sustainable farming – Our farmers in India produce all the organic cotton used in our clothing using sustainable farming methods without using harmful pesticides or synthetic fertilisers.
- Great features – Our clothing is made with zips and poppers that make it easy for you to change your baby, soft elasticated cuffs that ensure legs and arms do not ride up without being uncomfortable, and beautiful designs.
- Our clothing is designed to ensure maximum comfort for your baby.
- Each piece is lovingly hand made in the softest organic cotton to ensure that only the highest quality garments are delivered to our customers.
Popular questions around tiny baby clothing
We are often asked questions about tiny baby/premature baby clothing, so we have answered a few of the more frequently asked questions below:
What size is tiny baby clothing?
Tiny baby clothing is for babies with a chest measurement of up to 34cm. Our early baby clothing is for babies with a chest measurement of up to 32cm. Download our sizing chart, it also comes with handy tips for measuring your baby.
What weight is tiny baby clothing suitable for?
Tiny baby clothing is suitable for babies of 5lb -7lb (2.3 – 3.1kg) in weight, whereas our early baby clothing is suitable for babies of 3lb – 5lb (1.3 – 2.3kg) in weight. Download our sizing chart, it also comes with handy tips for measuring your baby.
Sleepsuits are a one-piece garment with long sleeves and legs with feet. Rompers are also one-piece garments but they have cuffed ankles and the feet are left uncovered. Read our blog on the difference between sleepsuits and rompers.
The team at Cotton Boulevard is happy to answer any questions you may have about our clothing for premature babies and provide you with any help and advice. Just email us at [email protected] – we look forward to hearing from you.