When you are pregnant, there’s all sorts of things you will find yourself worrying about, one of them being ready for your due date and everything giving birth will involve. We have put together a handy checklist of all the things you need to think about, so that you are ready for your due date.
The NHS suggests that whether you are planning a home birth or in hospital, you should pack a few things for you and baby at least two weeks before your due date. You might even think about packing a few things for your partner too!
You will need a range of items, from toiletries to clothing for your new-born baby. We would also suggest that you take a few items to help you pass the time and relax – for both you and your partner.
What to pack in your go-bag?
It can be daunting trying to remember what you need to pack in your go-bag. Therefore if you start buying things early, you can add to the bag as and when you remember. The items listed below are a mix of essential items and those that might be a good idea. Remember, this is not a definitive list and is just a suggestion – you may need extra items, or you might not need some of the items at all.
Among essential items, you need to pack:
- Your birth plan and hospital notes
- Changes of clothing – something loose and comfortable to wear during labour, as well as nightdresses, dressing gown and slippers, and a comfortable outfit to wear home.
- Underwear – several changes of knickers (disposable ones are a great idea), and two or three comfortable bras – including nursing bras if you are planning to breastfeed.
- Breast pads.
- Maternity pads (or super-absorbent sanitary towels).
- Washbag filled with toiletries – include a toothbrush and toothpaste, hairbrush, dry shampoo, something to tie your hair back, flannel, soap, deodorant, lip balm, and any other essential toiletries that you can’t do without.
- Any medication you are taking.
- A list of important phone numbers.
You might also consider taking:
- A fan or water spray to cool you down during labour.
- A camera.
- Health snacks and drinks.
- Extra pillows.
- A TENS machine
- Some items to help you pass time/relax such as magazines and books. Or why not download some of your favourite pieces of music or a podcast or two (but don’t forget your headphones).
For your baby
For your new-born baby, you will need the basics, which include:
- Newborn baby clothes – these should include bodysuits, vests, and sleepsuits.
- An outfit for going home in – this will depend on what time of year you are giving birth. If, during wintertime, you will want to ensure your baby is wrapped up warm.
- A hat, scratch mittens, and socks or booties.
- A shawl or blanket.
- Muslin squares.
- Car seat.
For your partner
There may be quite a lot of waiting around for your partner, so pack something for them to keep themselves occupied such as books, magazines, or download a podcast or music to their smart phone. Also, pack some food and drink so that they can stay with you rather than searching for the cafeteria.
Back in 2020, we launched our first even premature and newborn ranges. Ever since then the products have been flying out the door. Our clothing are made from the softest organic cotton, we stock the very best baby clothes for newborns, which will keep them comfortable.
Why choose Cotton Boulevard?
Cotton Boulevard is an expert in clothing for newborns, babies and toddlers. We design and manufacture all our clothing and accessories ourselves from sustainably sourced organic cotton, ensuring that every garment provides maximum comfort.
We only use organic cotton for our clothing and accessories as it offers a range of benefits over traditional cotton, such as:
- It is sustainable, ethical and environmentally friendly.
- It provides many social and economic benefits to the farmers that produce the cotton.
- It is stronger and longer lasting.
- It is soft on delicate skin.
- The more it is washed, the softer it gets.
- It doesn’t contain harmful toxins, chemicals or pesticides.
We only want the best baby clothes for our customers’ new-borns, babies and toddlers, which is why we take such great care in the production of the cotton, and the design and manufacture of our products.
If you have any questions regarding our range of organic cotton clothing and accessories, email us at email@example.com – we look forward to hearing from you.